Whether you’re in nursing school, a registered nurse or nurse practitioner, your spare time is minimal, at best. Technology is here to help manage your busy life while studying, doing your rounds, and other tasks you may have. Below are the top five apps for nurses that will make your next shift or test a breeze, all compatible with iOS and Androids!
1. MediBabble© Translater
Professional-grade medical translation tool. MediBabble is a robust history-taking and examination application designed to improve the safety, efficiency, and overall quality of care for non-English speaking patients. A timely and accurate history is the cornerstone of medical diagnosis and treatment; the relative difficulty of obtaining one with non-English speakers is a significant barrier to care.
- Extensive Database of Clinical Questions and Instructions
- Organized Around Standard History-Taking Approaches
- Provide Detailed Patient Instructions
- No Internet Connection Required
- Communicate with Patients Across Multiple Languages
- A Guided Tour Helps You Learn to Use MediBabble
- Communicate with Deaf and Hearing-Impaired Patients
© 2013 NiteFloat, Inc.
2. Nursing Central™
Nursing Central is the complete mobile solution for nurses and students. Look up detailed information on diseases, tests, and procedures; then consult the comprehensive database of 5,000 drugs or refer to more than 65,000 dictionary terms whenever you have a question. Search MEDLINE or keep up with your favorite nursing journals by having tables of contents delivered directly to your mobile device.
- Device-optimized interface and intuitive navigation
- Grasp™ study system to reinforce key concepts
- Glimpse™ technology to help you define words in-text
- Pictures, illustrations, videos, tables, and audio pronunciations
- Extensive Cross Links to related information
- Integrated clinical, conversion, dosage, and IV calculators
- Notes for making custom notes and highlights within entries
- Abstracts and citations from 24+ million medical journal articles
- Personal Archive for saved searches and bookmarks
- 1 year of web and mobile web access included
©2015 Unbound Medicine, Inc.
Medscape Mobile provides the most comprehensive set of tools to support clinicians with all of their professional needs, including decision-making support at the point-of-care, medical news and perspectives from thought leaders across medicine, engaging CME courses to support professional development, and much more.
- Clinical references
- Medical news
- Continuing medical education
Copyright® 1994-2015 by Medscape
Perfect for all nurses and nursing students, the allnurses.com mobile app is the ideal companion for the latest in nursing news, socializing with friends, networking with nurses, and to give and provide support.
- Enjoy allnurses.com on-the-go
- Post replies on-the-go
- Follow subscriptions
- Read Private Messages
- Upload images
- Read/Vote of polls
- Search content
© allnurses.com INC
5. Nursing Essentials©
Gives you immediate access to the critical information nurses need, in an easy to use app with rich content, detailed illustrations, and pioneering features.
- Information center
- General nursing
- Nursing specialties
- Critical care nursing
- Advanced practice nursing
- Clinical news
- Nursing student
- And more!
© 2014 Jones & Bartlett
To read and explore more information in the healthcare industry visit alliedstaffingnetwork.com.